Monday, August 02, 2004

Listen!

The Man in Black
It only took a month, but I finally got off my keister and got me one of the best cds EVER. That’s right – I got me the 16 greatest from the Man in Black himself – Mr. Johnny Cash.
Now – I am one that just does NOT advocate both of those kinds of music, and when I say both kinds, I’m talking about Country AND Western. This is different than that Reba Barf Brooks crapola you instantly retch and look for a dog to run over whenever you accidentally hear four strummed chords of. This is raw, pure and simple story tellin’ re-fall in love with beer kinda music. It sure ain’t the Beastie Boys, but the rhymes do me just right.
When I was just a baby my mama told me. Son,
always be a good boy, don't ever play with guns.
But I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die
now every time I hear that whistle I hang my head and cry…


Ok – if you can’t appreciate the Cash – then maybe you should check out my other great parental purchase in terms of kids-based music. What makes this one of the greatest picks ever for the kids was the fact that the WifeTM was responsible for finding and buying it. Props deserved.

Keep listenin’ kids…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home