Thursday, February 05, 2004

Ack! Loser!

Vices. We all have them. I seem to have perhaps more than your average Joe, but they do make life interesting. There are two that stand out, and when they get together, nothing but trouble comes out. You can guess which two they are : drinking and gambling.
So there I was, enjoying the company of one my buds, complementing the company with the liquid refreshment of a pint or three of Bass. The establishment sported a pool table, in which we pumped a few quarters, and in no time we felt the urge to raise the level of game play with the introduction of a wager.
Wagers can and have taken all forms, and I am one to stray from the mundane monetary form of wager, as I feel nothing creates more problems than issues of money between friends. So – it became a contest of objects. What objects? Soon, reader, soon…
Some of y’all might know that I am no stranger to the game of pool, and I have been known to shoot some mean stick. It’s those Bass Ales that get in the way of a straight shot, and the banks, well, the banks were closed. I struggled in the games, and I came out with few victories and the prize tokens. I am now in debt, where I must produce the objects in which I lost.
What was wagered? If I can sift through my muddy memory – I am now the future owner of a new bottle of hot sauce (loser’s choice), and a six-pack of AB’s World Select. My losses are pretty big, though. I need to come up with a personal mix cd, and a dish of my infamous nacho layer dip. I threatened to lessen the quality of my guacamole, but I just can’t do that. It’s food, and you should know that food is sacred to me. I’ve been meaning to put together a new mix cd, as my last compilation, entitled “the System of Things” needs some serious updating. All those who would request a copy – go ahead. Be prepared for what might be some eclectic tunes.
So, Aesop, whatcha tryin’ to say? It’s easy – if yer drinkin’, don’t play pool with someone who has game. You’ll end up givin’ away the dip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home