Thursday, April 07, 2005

So what?

SO Apropos
I really don’t think I could have put it better than what is depicted on the strip above.
Yeah – I haven’t posted for a while, and I’m listed as being static content, and I’ve done some interesting things in the past month. Take a note from the Chili Peppers : Taste the Pain.
First up – the trip to Mouseland was way freakin cool. Not so much in the “I came, I saw, I conquered” way, but more in the parental “live through the kids” way. Watching the spawn struggle to wave higher, faster, and more emphatically than the other kids to get the characters’ attention was worth more than any thrill a Space Mountain could provide in 30 seconds or less. After going through the hundreds of pictures – the fact that I’m not in more than four of them only belies the truth of it – I wasn’t there as much as the KIDS were there. Mission accomplished.
Second up – back to the cartoon pic. There is nothing outside of general kid stuff to talk about. Perhaps I’m feeling the opposite of what normally happens in spring time, but I just couldn’t care less what is happening on the face of this rock. Is it the maniacal dervishes that call themselves upper management at work? Could it be post-trip depression? The fact that some work buds got the axe? Poor diet/health? Bad teevee programming? Whatever.
All I know is that I got me a big case of season-opening attitude. Trouble is a-brewin. I need to find a healthy distraction, and I really don’t think the kid’s T-ball parental slavery is going to do it.
Of course – I can’t make it to Bill’s gig due to “other” things going on. Yippee.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Life of Bill said...

You need a good day of golf and drinkin-considering that Heather is down in Disney without me, I do too.I believe that Roscom is interested in investigating the possibility of purchasing one of those things you sell-you should get a hold of someone down there to make an appointment.....

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home